Monday 22 November 2010

Purple, Green and Pink Quilt


This is the quilt I made for my son for Christmas this year. I decided to make one for their living room after all, it is a smaller size and I have used the colours they have in their room which is open plan and goes into dining area and kitchen. The living area is mostly purple as they have a new purple sofa and armchair, but their kitchen area is pink and lime green and they have ornaments and bits of all the colours through out. I thought they could have it over the back of the sofa or arm chair and would be handy if it gets cold in the winter or just as a spare cover is someone stays over.

The pattern I used for this one is the same as for the last two quilts with the 6 sqares and a rectangle to make a block but instead of putting them together randomly I used the same colour for all the rectangles and then put them so that they made a zigzag shape across the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment