Monday 22 November 2010

Autmn Colours Quilt


 I have made this quilt for my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas this year as they both help us out a lot through out the year especially my sister-in-law who has taken me to craft fairs and quilt shows this year.

The fabric I bought off someone on Ebay who was selling it in bags of 1kg as scraps. I paid about £15 and bought two bags of it and there was enough in the parcel to make the tops to two quilts double bed size so really pleased. This is just one of them.

I sewed some beads on to the plain bits of the quilt to tart it up a bit. The pattern for the quilt I got again from a book, it is made up of blocks with 6 small squares (2 squares by 3) and then a long rectangle bit across the top to make it square. The blocks are random in colours and randomly sewn together to make the quilt look like a nice jumble of autumn colours. The triangle pieces across the top and bottom were added on as it wasn't quite long enough for what I wanted so used up the scraps I had left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment