This morning I made some napkin holders and favor boxes.
The holders are just a piece of card which I tried to roll up but it didn't go very well, so once I stuck the embellishment on the front I flattened the whole thing and think it looks better like this now.
The idea for the boxes were from this site and was passed on to me by Julie (elysia2003). I have put three chocolate mint squares inside which I placed in a small bag first as they were not wrapped. Should be fine as we are having our special dinner on Saturday. I found that the sides of the boxes wouldn't quite go together where they met at the point and left a bit of a gap. This was probably due to there being three mints in each but I thought two was a bit stingy. I punched holes in the top and threaded the red ribbon to tie them up so that they are not glued together, it is just the red ribbon holding them together. On the front I glued a triangle of some patterned glitter card I found in my craft box that I have had for years and then I stuck two small pieces of curling ribbon and a small gift bow on as well.
Thursday, 9 December 2010
Wednesday, 8 December 2010
The shirt is made out of a small gingham check which only cost me £1 a metre so including buttons and interfacing the whole shirt cost less than £4 to make.
Tuesday, 7 December 2010
The tablecloth was still a bit short length ways but fitted width ways but I had just about run out of the script fabric so I used some plain cream and made the ends of the cloth slightly different. You cant see the ends in the photos but they look ok as I had enough script fabric to do the border around the edges so it matches the rest.
Saturday, 4 December 2010
I expect she will wear it unbuttoned over a t shirt like a jacket.