Monday 22 November 2010

Patchwork Cushions


These were the two pillows I made last year for my daughter. I had enrolled on a quilt making course at a shop in Rochester, Kent called Hometown. Its a lovely shop, sells all the fabrics you need for quilting including all of the other bits you need like wadding, needles, everything.

The lady who runs the shop, Marion, gave us all a paper with what fabrics we needed to make the quilt on the course. It said to get 17 fat eigths of patterned fabric but I bought fat quarters instead so that I would have some left over for other projects as I knew I wanted to make some cushions to go with the quilt.

I started making these before I actually went on the course so I was making it up out of my head, I used a square of newspaper as big as the front of the cushion then just folded and cut it up until it was in triangles then cut out the triangles from fabric leaving a seam allowance.

The photos on the front were iron on transfers I bought from Ebay and I ironed them onto a piece of white cotton and then sewed them onto the front of the cushions.

1 comment:

  1. You shoud set up a facebook shop and take orders. These would go like hot cakes.

    ReplyDelete