Saturday 22 October 2011

How I Miss My Camera

My Other Half has gone away on a business trip to Hong Kong and China and has borrowed my camera to take some photos.  I didn't realise how much I would miss it.  First I had a customer who wanted me to make them a bespoke cushion, then after I made it I realised I couldn't get a nice photo to show her, ended up taking one on my phone but it wasn't anywhere near the quality that I would have liked.  Still, she still wants the cushion so job done.

Also I made a bag for YD for Christmas.  I wanted to get her one that was large enough to carry folder and text books in to college and also be strong and not have the handles falling off a week later like the ones we have been buying her.  I had some nice chenille kind of fabric in a dusky blue which I got from Dunelm Mill in one of their remnant bags.  I had a look at some of the bags on Accessorize to give me some ideas then made up my own pattern with some bits of newspaper and some sticky tape.  I will post a pic when I get the said camera back again.

The other thing I have been doing is making a table runner.  Another customer has asked me to make one in greens so I have been piecing together some small scraps of fabric to make larger panels for it.  I am hoping to get that finished off tomorrow.  Luckily the customer is a friend of Other Half's so said she doesn't need to see it first.

I need to think up some new ideas for my shop using up the small bits and pieces so I might have a long session up there tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment