Tuesday 1 November 2011

Daughter's bag

I have my camera back so here is a photo of the bag I made for my youngest daughter.  I am thinking she might use it more if she is staying over at her friends house rather than for college.


It is not the best of photos as I had it up on top of my wardrobe and I was trying to take a photo without her coming in to see it so I only had a few seconds to get the shot done.

The handles go up from those black lines and are long enough to have it over your shoulder.  The fabric I used is like a chenille upholstery fabric and what I did to make it firmer is I put a layer of medium wadding underneath and then a layer of medium interfacing (the sew in kind) and then sort of quilted it across the fabric in a wheel design and then sewed the pieces together around the outsides.

I lined the bag with some cream sheeting and I put an inner zipped pocket in it.

The bag looks a lot nicer in real life than in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment