Friday, 14 October 2011

First Attempt At Bunting

After seeing everyone's great makes with bunting recently I decided I would have a go at making some for YD for her bedroom for Christmas.

I found some fabric I could use for the backs of the pennants but couldn't find enough big bits for the fronts so decided to sew some small bits together and make patchwork ones.  I cut some letters out of black cotton which I had drawn freehand and appliqued them on to the fronts of the pennants before assembling using white thread and a small zigzag stitch.  I was a bit nervous about doing them as I thought they would screw up while sewing but they were fine.

I bought some white bias binding in my local shop, it was 60p for a 2.5 metre length which was long enough for what I wanted.

Here is a photo of said bunting, its not a very good photo as I had to hang it over my crafting desk with all the bits behind it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bunting, another thing to add to my list. Bang on trade x