Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tote bag

My Ex Mother-in-law has been asking me for ages to make her a bag to keep in her front room down the side of her chair so she can put her bits and pieces in and have it handy.  I bought this fabric in Dunelm Mill the other day, it was packed up in one of their remnant bags along with some other fabric.  There was about 2 metres of this one.  I cut out another bag first but thought it was too long for her so I am going to do that one for my shop. For this one I used two rectangles of fabric for the outside 16" x 14".  It is lined with some pale green polyester sheeting.  I made a large patch pocket inside but when I tried the bag out the pocket was gaping so I stitched a line of stitching up the middle so it made two smaller pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment