Friday 30 September 2011

Two New Tops

I made myself two new tops this week.  The first one was from some fabric I bought online in a sale, it cost me less than £3 for the piece of fabric so a nice cheap top.  I used a top I already had as a pattern.  I was a bit worried that the fabric doesn't stretch at all and the top I was using was made from jersey t-shirt fabric but I made the bottom slightly wider and it fitted nicely.  The neckline has pleats across the front and it has capped sleeves.


The second top is also made from using a top I already have as a pattern.  The front has a plaque fitted with ruffles on it and looped buttonholes.  I couldn't find enough pretty buttons that matched for the top so I decided to use a variety of colours and styles that went together nicely.  The neck has ruffles around it as well and it has elastic around the neck to pull it in.  The fabric for this top was only £1 a metre in a shop in Lewisham where we went the other day.  It is quite an open weave fabric with the pattern printed on it.  The fabric feels a little like old fashioned cheese cloth.  



I have enough of this fabric left over to make a shoulder bag out of so it is going to work out really good value for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment