Friday 30 September 2011

More Fabric

I bought some more fabric while in the cheap shop in Lewisham.  They had loads of choice in there for £1 a metre and the rest of the shop was like an aladdin's cave.  I didn't have much money on me at the time so I just bought three fabrics at £1 a metre, I got two metres of each as that is enough to make a top out of.  I have already used one piece for my last top, and these are the other two I bought.


This one is a similar fabric to the other one I used, an open weave with a printed pattern on it.  It is very pretty and will make a nice top and hopefully a bag as well.  I don't know what style of top to make yet, I haven't decided.


This is the other fabric that was just £1 a metre, it is a nice soft man made fabric and will also make a lovely top.  This fabric is more flowing than the other one.

I went in the local charity shop yesterday and found a nice bit of fabric in there which was a bonus as I don't usually find fabric in there.  The piece looks to be about 2 metres or may be a bit more, I haven't measured it yet.  It cost me £2.99 which is a good price again.  It is a chiffon like fabric.


The photo makes it look shiny but it isn't, it is just the light from the flash on the fabric.  I am hoping to get myself a top out of it and also one for my eldest daughter as well.

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to find such beautiful fabric's :)
    I love seeing the blouses and just wish I could make clothes but I end up getting in a muddle :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get fabric so cheaply you lucky thing. You have done a really good job with your tops.

    ReplyDelete