I have finished another quilt to hopefully sell on my shop. This quilt is made up from loads of tiny scraps of fabric that I have been stashing in a basket over the last two years. I cut them all into 1 3/4 inch strips and then sewed them end to end into a long strip and used this to make a log cabin style block. I made 9 of these blocks up and then sewed them together to make a larger square block. I made a border around the edge using some blue flowery fabric I had laying about and then decided I wanted to do another round of mulit colours around the edge so I got some more strips of my scraps, this time 4 inches by 1 3/4 inches and sewed them together width ways to make a nice stripey border. I finished the quilt off using the blue flowery fabric.
The quilt is my first big attempt at machine quilting and although I much prefer hand quilting I didnt think it turned out as bad as I was thinking it was going to. The pattern is just abstract sewing.