Friday 27 May 2011

Dad's Family Quilt is Finished

I have had a busy week what with opening up my new Folksy shop and organising the photos for that and everything and then having my first sale yesterday.  And on top of that I managed to finish my Dad's quilt.

Here are some pics of the finished item.  I am really pleased with how the colours went together.


The quilt is draped over my two seater settee so you can see how big it is, it is about a single bed size.


This photo shows the centre block with 6 squares and a rectangle of the beige fabric.  The writing is in the centre of the block.







This is a close up of the embroidery.

The rest of the photos are some of the little chidren's squares.  I didn't want to show the adults signatures on here.








I especially like the first one from Kacey where she has written some of the letter back to front making my Dad "Granbad".

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! It is such a lovely personal idea I am sure he will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, well done you, and such a special piece. Love the idea....
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les, such a wonderful peice of work. I'm sure it will be treasured and passed down your family for future generations.

    I love it. Well done. xxx

    ReplyDelete