Sunday 13 February 2011

Hoody No 2


Here is the hoody I made for my middle Grandson's birthday.  I used about 1 1/2 metres of fleece and the same in lining material.  The jacket is lined throughout.  I reckon its cost me about £15 to make including some toggles which I bought from my local sewing shop to put on the cords at hem and hood to stop them pulling through.

There is one thing I am not happy about and that is that I forgot to match up the checks on the pockets.  I had matched everything else like down the front either side of the zip but didnt even think about the pockets until after I had sewn them on and then it was too late as I had double sewn the corners to reinforce them.  Still, I am sure he won't moan about it.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely nan you are :) the jacket is great and Im sure your grandson will think the same :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have noticed the pockets if you hadn't said! Lovely jacket your g'son will think it's great.

    ReplyDelete