Monday 24 January 2011

Craft Desk

I have just about finished decorating my spare room which I use for my craft room and this is my desk where I do all my sewing. 

I made the desk myself by building a frame into the corner of the room where we have an alcove.  The alcove is 6 feet wide so it is quite a big desk.  Once I had the frame built I used some slats of wood I had from an old set of shelves we were going to throw out.  The drawers underneath were from an old dressing table which I took the top off and then slid them under the new desk at each end.  I painted everything to match my room and I am very pleased with it all.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wll done, it looks ace. FAb bit of recycling rufus xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re-cycling at its best. Wish I had a designated area for my machine. Love your quilt by the way the colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! Looking forward to having a similar set up...one day :-D

    ReplyDelete