Monday, 24 January 2011


My son bought me some Laura Ashley fabric for Christmas, there were two pieces each one metre in length and both co-ordinating fabric.  I couldn't think what to make out of them but then the other day I bought myself a hoody top from New Look and thought I could try to make myself one out of the fabrics if there was enough.

One piece of fabric was a looser weave than the other and looks like it would be used for curtains, this fabric is white with a pale green flower on it.  I used this piece to cut out the front and back of the hoody.  The other piece of fabric is pale green with white spots on and is more like the cotton you would use to make a bed cover out of or something similar.  I used this to cut out the sleeves and hood.

I had to buy a 24 inch open end zip.  I didn't put a rib around the cuffs or bottom but just did a hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment