When the fabric came I had a look at it and found that there were three nice bits I could cut out as panels to make fronts so decided I would make up three cushions, one for the boyfriend and two extra for my shop.
I cut out three 12 inch pieces out of the fabric and then cut some 3 inch strips from the black fabric and stitched them around the outside as a border. This made the front of the cushion. The back of the cushion has a 12 inch square of black cotton with a star appliqued on it, then a thin border of the comic fabric and then 3 inch strips sewn around to make it the same size as the front. I put a zipper in the bottom to close it.